Shkoon is altering the face of underground music in the Arab world. They are one of the most interesting and authentic outfits in the contemporary electronica scape.
The duo is bridging the gap between traditional Middle Eastern music and modern club culture, as they serve to unify multiple demographics and generations through their richly eclectic productions and ethereal track selections. They have gained considerable international acclaim and recognition for their experimental live performances, stunning original productions, and modern re-interpretations of popular Arab classics.
Following the international success of their remix for Ragheb Alama’s Ya Rayt in March, the German-Syrian electronica duo hope to maintain their fruitful 2022 form with the introduction of FIRAQ, a touching new live album. FIRAQ – which translates as ‘division’ or’split’ in English – is a captivating and expressive piece of work that spans an incredible range of texture, intonation, and rhythm. It was recorded during the pandemic, just a few days following the loss of a close family member. FIRAQ is Shkoon’s first full-length album since the release of Rima in 2019. It’s a beautifully crafted musical journey that unfolds over a heart-wrenching selection of rousing electronica cuts and marks another career-defining moment for an act whose collective creativity and musicianship know no bounds.
Grab a copy on Beatport now!
Stream Shkoon – FIRAQ LP on Spotify:
1. Shkoon – FIRAQ (Live Version)
2. Shkoon – Refraction (Live Version)
3. Shkoon – QQQ (Live Version)
4. Shkoon – A03 (Live Version)
5. Shkoon – Invertigo (Live Version)
6. Shkoon – Ala Moj Al Bahr (Live Version)
7. Shkoon – Detmold (Madlen Remix)
8. Shkoon – Letters (Live Version)
9. Shkoon – Laayounak (Live Version)
10. Shkoon – Mulajia (Live Version)
11. Shkoon – Mohammed (Live Version)
12. Shkoon – Sin (Live Version)
13. Shkoon – Just a Sec (Live Version)
14. Shkoon – 33.9 Million Miles (Live Version)
15. Shkoon – Forgotten Stories (Live Version)